Friday 7 November 2014

Proposition

So I've been thinking. I love the whole electronic analog sound that I've been playing with. But it needs something more. Something a little more organic. Synthesizers can sound lifeless at times and I need something to bring in some emotion. I'm going to attempt to implement some classical style piano playing and some violin. I haven't played violin in like 3 years but was very good at it when I did. Piano I have been playing for as long as I can remember and I'm confident in my abilities with it. So I'm gonna start practicing violin again, and in order to make it sound nice and full, I'll likely put a chorus and reverb on it. It should be very dramatic with the right effects. Also maybe an analog delay. I'm a sucker for a good delay. My hope for these changes is to make my music have its own sound. I really want to solidify my identity as a musician and I think branching off from the norm is a great way to start.

1 comment:

  1. First, I love that you're sharing your project this year. It is clear that you have both knowledge and passion, and I'm thrilled that the world (including me) has been able to see some of it. Thank you.

    Second, I'd appreciate it if you helped me along by defining and/or explaining some of the basics. When it makes sense, fill in the uninitiated on terms such as delay, analog, patch, etc. I know that they are old news to you, but some of us are trying to catch up with you.

    You're doing something truly original, and I admire your process and dedication.

    ReplyDelete