Wednesday 19 November 2014

Experimenting and Soundscape

So I've made some progress. I have one nearly complete song that needs some tweaking. And a second song that needs more structure and shape but the idea and flow is very present. I'm pretty happy with the two. Neither will be completely finished for a long time. The patches will be tweaked heavily and I have yet to smother them with effects :D. Both are very basic pieces. Real chill, ambient stuff, inspired by soundtracks of miscellaneous retro games and sci-if movies. A technique I'm hoping to utilize is one where I have one song create a setting, and the next tell a story to fit it. It's an idea I find unintentionally done in lots of modern music. I figured that if I'm aware that im creating a setting and then playing in it, it will hopefully become very obvious to the audience what is being communicated. But like all arts, it will be misinterpreted and that is okay. I just want to experiment with storytelling and soundscape through instrumental music.

No comments:

Post a Comment