Wednesday 19 November 2014

I'm a Fan Too

Im a fan as much as I'm a musician, if not, more. And I figured I should share with you who I listen to. Why I listen to. And how I listen to. There are certain albums that are timeless to me. Stuff that I won't grow out of. It's not a phase mom. Electric Wizards "Dopethrone"  has become a staple album in the doom/stoner/sludge metal scene. The emotion and power in "Funeralopolis" will forever represent the bad-assery of my youth. Absolutely genius stuff. The Queens of the Stone Age went though an angry teenager phase in 2007. Pushing the message of how they will never sell out. They're "Designer". "Era Vulgaris" holds a special place in my heart. It was my introduction to QotSA and brings a lot of nostalgia with every listen.
Lately I've found myself experimenting with hip-hop artists such as MF Doom or Madlib. The Jazz influence on the instrumentals of their music is what pulls me in. I've never been a big rap fan but this stuff is top notch.
Pink Floyd, Tool, and Om will forever be my favourites. With "Pilgrimage" being my favourite album of all time, and "Lateralus" and "Wish you were Here" being close behind it. So if you don't know any of this music, go an adventure through YouTube, iTunes, and other miscellaneous music sources. Other notable artists are "King Crimson", "Sleep", "Truckfighters", "Aphex Twin", "Causa Sui", "Black Sabbath", "Fuzz", "The Sword". And if you have any notable artists I can steal ideas fro-.... Get "inspiration" from then let me know. (Just jokes)

No comments:

Post a Comment